What Does CAPRSS Offer?
Rapid changes are happening in the healthcare industry, including the integration of mental health and addiction services with primary care, brought about by the Affordable Care Act. Recovery community organizations and programs that provide peer recovery support services have significant opportunities and challenges in this changing landscape.
To ensure your ability to the meet demand for your services--and to access new and diverse sources of funding--you will need to demonstrate that you:
- have cost effective, high quality services
- are open, transparent, and accountable
- are (or can be) an essential part of the health care/criminal justice continuum, and
- have been providing PRSS for a minimum of two years.
You need easily accessible resources and assistance to develop capacity, and a surefire way to demonstrate quality. CAPRSS can help you to meet those needs.
CAPRSS offers a tiered set of services ranging all directed toward helping you:
- understand the effective practices on which the standards are based
- learn more about the good organizational policies and practices that underlie the standards
- use the standards within your own organizations to improve performance, and
- prepare to apply for accreditation, if desired.
In all of it all of its services, the CAPRSS approach is consultative rather than prescriptive, providing insights and strategies to help your organizations achieve and succeed.
|Learning Community||Accreditation||Accreditation Support|
Free online resources and
Comprehensive tools to help you assess how well your organization is doing in the CAPRSS core domains.
Peer Review Site Visit: a consultative process that takes an in-depth, standards-based look at your PRSS program
Post-accreditation resources to keep your PRSS program at its best
Accreditation in optional domains: Recovery Community Centers; Recovery Coaching; Telephone Support
|Free resources for developing and enhancing programs and services||
Dedicated, focused support for quality and performance improvement throughout the accreditation process
|Online and onsite training and support for program excellence|
Candidcacy fee, $1,000
Total: Cost based on size of PRSS program, from $5,000 to $7,500